And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Extra, extra! Read all about it....

That's right, folks.  I am back in Boston.  And now that I can post to my heart's delight, please enjoy some pictures from my adventures (more to come in the days ahead).

[Most beaches on the eastern coast of Argentina weren't sandy...]

[CG swings beachward at Punta Bermeja]


[Sea lions on Peninsula Valdez-- noisier and smellier than I ever thought they'd be]


[Penguins!  Peninsula Valdez]


[Lots of penguins!]





[Me at the dinosaur museum in Trelew.... probably the very moment when someone was breaking into the car and stealing all of my stuff.  Ignorance is bliss, I guess.]

[More penguins at Dos Bahias]


[We had to step over the penguins on the "human walkway."]



[The first petrified forest.  The mountain in the distance is an old volcano called Madre e Hijo-- mother and child]

[Camping on a high mesa outside the petrified forest]


[Guanacos, Patagonian camels, outside of the petrified forest]


[The coast near Puerto San Julian.  Magellan is thought to have arrived here in the 1540s.]




[Parque Nacional Monte Leon-- where penguins hide under walkways]


More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment