And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Monday, May 30, 2011

Forgive me reader...

for I have been lazy.  It has been over a week since my last blog entry.

I left Pescadero, CA on Saturday morning and headed for San Francisco and a visit with my cousin, Molly.  We had a lovely weekend which was made only better by glorious warm and sunny weather.  We checked out the Farmer's Market on Saturday and I dined on my own in the company of a group of Swedish sailors.  Okay.  I wasn't exactly invited to dine with them.  I just sat next to them and admired the view.

On Sunday we walked around Molly's cool neighborhood.  The highlight was visiting the storefront for Dave Eggers' writing center, 826.  It's a pirate store.  Really.  We also had a delicious picnic lunch in Dolores Park.

Here's a picture of the Women's Building in the Mission:



I left San Francisco on Sunday afternoon and raced north to the California/Oregon border.  I drove by fields full of grazing elk and by incredible coastal scenery.  Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to make it to my campsite that I didn't have the chance to stop for many pictures.







I camped in the Jedediah Smith State Park.  This is a picture of my tent amongst the redwoods.




Monday was a blur.  The entire state of Oregon was a blur.  It was a gorgeous drive, but I hardly stopped.  I will deifintely plan, at some point, to return to Oregon and do some real exploring.

I landed in Gig Harbor, WA in the evening.  I planned to stay just over 24 hrs with my friends Bonnie and Aaron and their three kids, Drew, Grant, and Elsie.  I had so much fun, I couldn't tear myself away.  I stayed and stayed and played until I could no longer justifiably impose on this amazing family.

Here's part of the crew having breakfast at Kelly's Restaurant in Gig Harbor, WA.


[Annie, Bonnie, Elsie, and Drew]

[Self timer miscalculation]

2 comments: