And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Monday, July 4, 2011

Lake Louise and beyond

I haven't been to Lake Louise and Banff since I was 10 years old or so.  Spending part of Canada Day there was pretty neat (minus the hail near Lake Louise which made A LOT of noise on my little tent).


[Misty glaciers]






[Lake Louise]

[The electric fence around the campground near Lake Louise.  I had a very amusing evening with some Russian-Canadians who wanted to talk about English soccer....]

[Outside the town of Banff where I stopped at McDonald's to use their WiFi (did you know that almost every McD's has WiFi?).  The place was packed and some folks had the NERVE to ask the manager to turn off coverage of the Duke and Duchess's visit to Canada in favor of cartoons.  How RUDE.  As a non-customer, I didn't feel I could protest.  Thankfully the manager said he couldn't turn the channel....]

2 comments:

  1. and i didn't think i could love mickey d's more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. I like your post. I will keep visiting this blog very often. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and your clarity on this important subject on trees can be easily observed.pawtucket auto glass

    ReplyDelete