And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Graciela and friends

The bathroom ceiling in my apartment was repaired last week.  There's been a thin layer of dust all over everything since then.  The poor cleaning lady, Angelica, had a heck of time this morning.  She's very thorough and went over the place with a fine toothed comb.  I hid myself in Las Cortaderas while she scrubbed... cowardly, I know.

[The view from my booth]
[Plugged-in]
[The sun starts to shine.]


I invited my landlord's mother to have coffee this afternoon.  Graciela picked me up at my house and we walked together to a small mall about 7-8 blocks away.  Graciela is funny and engaging.  She tolerates my broken Castellano.  She likes to hold my arm as we walk.  She thinks I'm adorable.... so you can see why I invited her for coffee!  We found the central cafe, ordered a brownie and drinks and settled in for a nice long chat.  A few minutes later, Martha, Graciela's sister arrived.  What a surprise!  Please sit down and join us.... and then a few minutes after that, Beatriz, Graciela's best friend happened to find us.  What a surprise!!  Please sit down and join us.... Martha and Beatriz impressed me with their English at first (they've been taking English classes for four years), but we quickly settled back into Castellano.  We chatted about movies, about travel, about clothes and shopping.  You know, girl-talk!  What a good time.  I insisted that we plan another get-together for next week.  I'm running out of time for such things.

[BFFs]
After leaving Graciela and friends (kiss, kiss), I wandered into Palermo Hollywood to check out a gallery.  I met some British guys while watching the soccer match this past Sunday.  James works in a small gallery and invited me to visit.

[Calle Voltaire-- art gallery under black awning on the left]

The exhibition is called "Descalzo" and features paintings by Brazilian Rimon Guimaraes (poorly photographed by me....).

      



The gem of the exhibition is the mural painted on the corner.


The gallery is called l/_  Seriously.  Yeah.  It's like the artist formerly known as Prince. Here is the website

[Beautiful, cloudy evening]

[Red sky at night]
[Sailor's delight]

1 comment: