And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I think I give Trelew a zero on the tourist scale

CG and I had a glorious day driving around the Valdez ecological reserve.  We saw sea lions, seals, and yes, penguins.  We also saw armadillos, some animal that is a relative of the camel, and some funny emu like birds.  Good stuff, no?
 
After finishing the Valdez peninsula loop, we headed south to Trelew which is an old Welsh settlement with a really neat little dinosaur museum.  We left the museum to find that our rental car had been broken into.  My entire travel pack was stolen... this means that I am currently without 99% of my clothing and my computer.  A sad, sad day for me.
 
We made a report at the police station because it seemed like the right thing to do.  The police were generally nice but suggested we not leave any belongings even in a locked car.  This seems impossible for us since we cannot take everything with us at all times.  Thankfully, I have very little left to steal.
 
The good news?  I have two pairs of underwear, two tee shirts, two pairs of pants (they did not seem to want my dirty laundry bag), and my passport and wallet.  There is a silver lining, I tell you.
 
Obviously, my blogging efforts with be severely hampered without my computer.  I will try to send updates periodically so that you know I am alive and well but I will not be able to upload pictures.  I am sorry to leave you all hanging.

3 comments:

  1. What a bummer, Annie! I'm glad you have your wallet and passport, though. Looking forward to reading whatever writing you can post.

    xoxo
    Mol

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! at least you still have the car! k

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie! So sorry to hear this, but very glad that you and CG are ok. Let me know what I can bring you, seriously. I'm also happy to raid Jane's closet for some hilarious Disney and/or Loony Toon related clothing if you need a laugh...x

    ReplyDelete