And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Winding down

On Wednesday I give up my lovely little apartment in Las Canitas.  The plan is to head south along the coast of Argentina and towards Tierra del Fuego.  I'm going to miss Buenos Aires.  I am really starting to love this city.

So, in this maudlin state of mind, I'm sentimental about everything.

["Take your kid to work" day for the bus driver.  This kid is about three and is hugging his father's left arm while his father drives the #60 bus-- a route that spans more than 20km!!]

I had my last tennis lesson with Anna.  She leaves Buenos Aires in mid March and returns to Chicago-- her hometown.  The lesson was a mixed bag.  I hit about 25% of my serves in... okay, maybe it was only 15%.  But still, this is a miracle for me.  I have asked Anna to sign a sworn statement attesting this accomplishment so that I can send it to Daniel.  We played exactly two games of tennis.  I think I won three points.... okay, maybe it was only 2 points.  But still....

[Sweaty Annie and the resplendent Anna.  Notice that we set the scene with the net, ball basket, and racquets.]
[Close up view of my sweat]  

[Tiramisu on top, chocolate on the bottom.  AR$11=USD$2.75.  Worth every penny.]
I am also, of course, savoring every last moment of living in the ice cream mecca of the southern hemisphere.  I've been sampling pretty much every night.  Carpe diem, man...  Carpe diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment