And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

34 hours, 35 minutes, South

This is the view from the entrance to my apartment building.  I've arrived in Buenos Aires, Argentina!!  I left Boston yesterday around 5 pm and arrived here this morning around 11:00 am.

It was hard not to have a cell phone as I traveled.  I like to send a constant stream of texts to my veteran traveler brother relating all of the small details of the fascinating sites and sounds.  There was a prisoner on my Boston to Dulles flight.  His hands were shackled and I was glad I did not have to go through security at the same time as he did.  How does you raise your arms over your head for the body scanner if your hands are tethered to your body?

Buenos Aires is much further south than I realized.  It is further south than both Cape Town, South Africa and Sydney, Australia.  It's 34 hours, 35 minutes south of the equator.  It's also summer here and folks are complaining about the heat.  You won't hear anything from me....

No comments:

Post a Comment