And to resist the urge to join the traveling circus

Friday, January 21, 2011

Tennis is easy-- for some people

Quad and I had our first (and probably only) tennis lesson together yesterday.  Daniel didn't seem too enthusiastic when I told him I was going to bring my brother along... until he saw him play!!


And then it was the Quad and Daniel show.  Because of my brother's presence, Daniel was on his best behavior and the tough coach routine dropped by the wayside.  The good news is that I did not fall, hit anyone with a racquet or a ball, or injure myself.  Australian Open, here I come.

[Unauthorized photograph of America's secret weapon]

I can't raise my arm over my head today, but it was fun.. and exhausting.  Daniel was very disappointed to hear that Quad will be going home on Sunday and I will be staying longer.  He clearly wishes the reverse were true and said he would have liked to have arranged a match between Quad and one of his students.

[The Argentine-American mutual admiration society]

["Fine.... if you insist on having a picture taken with me....."]

The great scientific count: 35+

And we've decided to start counting the number of bicyclists who are wearing helmets: 1 (and this is retrospective!)

No comments:

Post a Comment